Friday, August 15, 2014

My Favorite Spot

All my life I've been drawn to water. I love to swim, I love to watch waves lap against the shore, I love the way light moves across the water. It was not too hard of a decision to move back up to Hagg Lake for the duration of Andrew's deployment. Sure, it's pretty out of the way and it takes so long to get anywhere. Sure, I don't get cell service at my house and the internet is sub-par at best. I wouldn't trade the convenience of living back in town to the feeling I get when I drive across the dam at dusk and the sun is setting and casting the most amazing colors across the water and perfectly reflecting them back to the sky like a flawless, otherworldly mirror. I wouldn't trade convenience for the hard emotional days when I just pull up to my favorite spot and sit on the edge of a cliff dangling my bare feet and letting the sound of those waves wash the stress away. This place is so special to me. I have lived here during a few phases of my life and it's just home. I actually wish I could just pitch a tent and live like a wildling, just to be closer to that sound. 




No comments:

Post a Comment