Monday, June 23, 2014

What's Happening?

So I've just started this blog and it is pretty much to document things of interest while my husband (Andrew) is deployed to Afghanistan. Communication with him will not be as ample (if you could even call it that) as it was in Iraq, meaning we will not get to Skype or communicate via messaging services during his downtime unless he gets onto a computer connected to the internet, which could be rare. As of right now, he is doing his AT (annual training). He will be given a pass for 4th of July weekend and then the next time he will have pass is near the end of September. By that time he will be finishing up in Texas and the men will be headed out of country to their ultimate destination.

With all of this in mind, I have decided to try and keep a blog so that he can stay updated on some goings on when he is able to access the internet and as a way to keep me sane and give me something to focus on. More than likely, this deployment will be a year or longer and with the volatile state of Afghanistan, it won't be an easy one. Even though this blog in intended for Andy, I would still love it if friends and family would like to occasionally follow along. I will be trying some multi-media of vlogs (video blogging), creative writing, and regular blogging.

Anyway, happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! Writing and riding are my two favorite therapies. :0)

    ReplyDelete